St Columba’s Roman Catholic Primary School has a named SENDCO, Mrs C McGrady, who is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and named Governor (Mrs P Lee) responsible for SEND.
They ensure that St. Columba’s Special Educational Needs policy works within the guidelines and inclusion policies of the Code of Practice (2014), the Local Education Authority and other policies current within the school.
This policy was developed in consultation with other SENCOs from the North Tyneside Catholic Schools Collaborative and developed in response to the 2014 SEND Code of Practice: 0-25 guidance.
The policy was written using NASEN guidance.
This policy was created by the school’s SENCO with the SEND Governor in liaison with the SLT, all staff and parents of pupils with SEND and has been shared with stakeholders, including governors, parents, and families via the school newsletter and website.
Other relevant documentation relating to Equality data, information and objectives:
SEND Information Report
The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Local Offer sets out the support and services that are available for children and young people aged 0-25 years across North Tyneside.
Further information on available local offer services is available on the North Tyneside website here.
The St Columba’s Intervention team are made up of the following members of staff:
- Mrs C McGrady – Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator
- Teaching Assistants who are trained in a range of Interventions including 1st Class@Number, Success@Arithmetic, Boosting Reading@Primary School (BRP) and BLAST.
- Tracy Anderson – Next Step Wellbeing – School Counselling Service
- The link governor for SEND is Mrs P Lee
Mrs McGrady holds additional qualifications in SEND:-
- Post Graduate Certificate in Dyslexia and Literacy ATS
- Post Graduate Diploma in Dyslexia and Literacy AMBDA
- Assessment Practising Certificate –PATOSS
- Numbers Count Accredited Teacher – Edge Hill University
Mrs McGrady is the link teacher for the Boosting Reading@Primary School Intervention.
Outside agencies who are involved with the school may provide specific programmes of intervention or work in the school to support individual pupils these include :-
- Sue Wilson – Language and Communication Team
- Dr John Adrian-Vallance – Educational Psychology Service
- Joanne Johnson – Speech and Language Therapist
- Kate Nesbitt – Sensory Support Team
Visiting staff from:
- North Tyneside Dyslexia Team
- Silverdale outreach team
- School Nursing Service
- The Locality Team