The Governing Board of St. Columba’s RC Primary School works with the Headteacher to promote and maintain high standards of educational achievement. The three core functions of the Governing Board are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction,
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of staff and,
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Composition of the Governing Board
At St. Columba’s, there are 12 members of the Governing Board. They all serve on the full Governing Board and are appointed to Committees that are relevant to their skill set. A full list of names and roles can be found below. The Governing Board is made up of:
2 Parent Governors
1 Staff Governor
1 Local Authority Governor
7 Foundation Governors
Chair of Governors: Mr P Dinsley
Vice Chair of Governors: Mr M Ronan
If you wish to contact the Chair of Governors, please send any communication to the school office marked for the attention of Mr P Dinsley.
Committees of the Governing Board
- Ethos, Curriculum, Pupil Achievement and Communications
Chair – Mr M Ronan
- Behaviour, Safeguarding and Health and Safety
Chair – Mrs P Lee
- Finance, Staffing and Premises
Chair – Mr M Ronan
- Pupil Admissions
Chair – Mr P Dinsley
- Pupil Discipline
For further information please see the Governors’ Handbook published by the Department for Education:
Our current School Governors are:
- Mr P. Dinsley – Chair, Foundation Governor
- Mr M. Ronan – Vice Chair, Foundation Governor
- Mrs M. Finlay – Foundation Governor
- Cllr M. Huscroft – Foundation Governor
- Mr D. Flynn – Foundation Governor
- Mrs B. Doherty – Foundation Governor
- Rev Fr D. Smith – Parish Priest, Foundation Governor
- Mrs P. Lee – Local Authority Representative
- Mrs C. Garbutt – Headteacher
- Mrs D. Wallace – Staff Governor
- Mrs A. Crawley – Parent Governor
- Mrs S. Buchanan – Parent Governor
- Mr P. Truscott – Clerk to the Governing Body
If parents would like to make enquiries about future Parent Governor vacancies, please contact Mrs Wallace at the school office.
If members of the Parish would like to make enquiries about future Foundation Governor vacancies, please contact Fr David Smith at St. Columba’s RC Parish Church.
Our Governors follow the Catholic Education Service Code of Conduct. Please see the attached document for further information.